Friday, 27 February 2015

Week 6 - Video Communication

In this week’s lecture, we focused on different types of communication, video communication in particular. Synchronous communication is direct while asynchronous communication is without co-ordination.  Podcasts can be used for entertainment, business or news. We used this class to discuss the ways in which we could market the app for our group project. We looked at screencasts, which are digital movies where the setting is partially, or wholly a computer screen. The audio narration describes the actions on the screen. Examples given were Screencast-o-matic, Copernicus and Jing.



In the eLab, we had to make a Screencast and upload it on to YouTube. I decided to give a tutorial on how to make a Facebook account. Instead of the original task of searching for UCD on Google Images, I recorded my Screencast of creating a Facebook and uploaded it onto YouTube. I used the YouTube editing tools to add music to the video. The video of this is attached to my blogpost. 













No comments:

Post a Comment