Week 3 - Collaborative Information Generation
In the third lecture, we sat with our teams and discussed, in pairs, our experiences with online reviews. My partner and I both found that we do not post reviews for many reasons. On many websites, you are required to create an account in order to post a review. We found that this was too time consuming. We also didn't want it to interfere with our online privacy. Although I do not post reviews, I find them very useful and often read the reviews of others. Most reviews generally tend to be either very positive or very negative. People tend not to post reviews if they are neutral to the subject matter. In this lecture, we mainly discussed user generated content (UGC) and collaboration.
In our lab, we created a Magic 8 Ball app on MIT App Inventor. I began to understand how to use the Blocks section. Here is a screenshot of the progress I made on the app:
 |
| Designer |
 |
| Blocks |
We had a full group meeting in Week 3. We discussed various app ideas catered to UCD students such as a UCD registration app and a price comparison app for restaurants on campus. These are all problems that many of our team members have encountered. Our meetings will be at 2pm on Thursdays.
No comments:
Post a Comment