Friday, 13 February 2015

Week 4 - Social Bookmarking and Tagging & Pinterest

We looked at the Wisdom of Crowds and Social Bookmarking in this week's lecture. We used polleverywhere.com to collect information from the students in the lecture in an efficient way. Firstly, we had to submit our team app ideas on the website so there was a live feed of the potential app ideas of different teams. Then we used it to guess how many people were in a picture, highlighting the wisdom of crowds idea. Social bookmarking is the use of bookmarks accompanied by metadata descriptions. Examples given were Delicious, Digg, Diego and Citeulilke. 


          


As mentioned, in the lecture we saw the ideas of other teams in the polleverywhere feed. In our team 
meeting, we discussed how our original idea of a food and health app directed towards UCD students was very popular among other teams. We decided to change our idea and looked at other possible app options such as a UCD cinema app, a UCD bus times app and a music app. We will research these apps this week. 

For this week's e-Lab we had to create a Pinterest and Diigo page. I've always wanted to see how Pinterest works so I was excited for the task. As I am going Interrailing this summer, I made a board for potential itinerary ideas for the holiday. I took some screen shots shown below: 




I joined Diigo and was able to use the Diigolet button on my browser to bookmark a few recipe pages. 




No comments:

Post a Comment